A year ago this week, Candle Learning was born over a fish and chip lunch at the Tetley in Leeds, and wow – what a year! We’re really proud how far we’ve come in such a short space of time. We’d like to think we’re a little wiser and better at what we do, and have forged some really great partnerships that really make it all worthwhile.
So what are the key things we’ve learnt this year?
- Make sure you’ve got someone helping you with your blind spots
- And make sure you’ve got someone you trust to tell you what these really are (not a family member!)
- Building strong partnerships doesn’t have to be complicated – keep your promises, go the extra mile, wear a nice smile, and you won’t be far off
- A daily dose of Gary Vaynerchuk and an espresso will always get you fired up in the morning
- Continually challenge your reason for being, and what makes you different
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help or advice
- If it’s perfect, you’ve waited too long
- Trust your instincts: if it don’t feel right, it probably isn’t
- If your wife gives birth to twin boys in your first year of business – don’t expect to be leaving the house much…
We would like to say a big ‘thank you’ to all of our partners. Your support and ongoing loyalty is very much appreciated. Here’s to another very successful year – we have some exciting things planned!